Tuesday, July 9, 2019

25th Anniversary Getaway


Last week my sweetie and I celebrated 25 years of marriage!  Wow!  25 years!  Time flies when you're having fun and I still can't believe it has been that long. 
We knew we wanted to get away for a bit to celebrate.  But, July is such a busy time of year.  We have several birthdays in our family, VBS, 4th of July church picnic, Junior Camp, Teen Camp.....July is busy! 

I'm so thankful we still managed to get away for a couple of days just the two of us, though!


We decided to drive north of Jacksonville to Amelia Island and spend a couple of days. We had never been there and several friends recommended we go.  I'm so glad we did!
We found great reviews for the Old Florida Inn.  It is Florida's longest consistently running Inn.  It dates back prior to the Civil War.  It was even inhabited by Union  Soldiers for a while.  Lots of history!



The porch at our Inn
Lots of shops in beautiful downtown Fernandina.


The steps up to our room.  My Patrick is so funny.  He has never been a Bed and Breakfast kind of guy.  I tried to convince him this wasn't....he wasn't so convinced!  He thought that for the price we paid that there would be a bellboy or at least an elevator!


Our room had gorgeous antique furniture, a fireplace and a jetted tub.



We enjoyed the sunset together, walks on the beach, and reminisced as we looked through our album of us dating, and our wedding album.  We talked about the last 25 years and the 25 years ahead.  I'm so thankful for my husband!


Love truly gets sweeter and sweeter!



Breakfast was quite different.  There was one long table for everyone to eat breakfast together.  I loved the look on Patrick's face! ;o)  There were 2 other couples that came down for breakfast and it was very interesting talking to them.  One of them were there to celebrate their 47th anniversary!





We found an antique store that also had tons of books.  I love this picture!



So thankful for time away with my love.  God has been so good to us!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! You are looking so good!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete