Wednesday, September 4, 2019

"Be Still My Soul" Book Review


The ladies of VSIBC and I enjoyed a wonderful Summer Bible Study!  Each year I pick a book that we will study together.  We meet 4 times through the summer to discuss the portions assigned to be read.  It's fun to meet in each other's homes and have yummy snacks before the Bible Study!  Each year our ladies grow so much during this time!

This year I picked the book, "Be Still My Soul" by Theresa Martinez.  We LOVED it!  Theresa's book was very easy to read and applied to everyone in my group.  There was something for mothers, wives, sisters....any lady that is wanting to be closer to the Lord!  She took women from the Bible and focused on the strengths that they had and how we can apply the principles to our lives today.  It's divided up into a 90 day devotional, so I felt like it was great for ladies learning to have their devotions and learning to be faithful to reading something from God's Word everyday.  It wasn't overwhelming to our new Christians.  Yet, it had something deeper for the Christian Lady that has been saved for a while.  What a great book!  And what a great summer!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great study. I'll keep my eye open for the book.

    ReplyDelete