Monday, September 23, 2019

Callie's Yellow Sponge Cake




My Callie Grace has become my little baker.  Last Christmas we bought her cupcake supplies and I taught her how to follow the instructions on the back of a cake mix box.  She has done amazing! While writing a short story for school she mentioned the girl making a yellow sponge cake.  She then told me that she's always wanted to make a sponge cake.  Really?


So, we found a recipe for a Daffodil Sponge Cake. 
We had lots of giggles and silliness working on the cake together.


 She did amazing with the recipe!  She learned many new techniques like separating the yolks from the whites of the egg. 


 She was very diligent with each step!


The finished product was a beautiful cake for all of us to enjoy!  Oh I like having a baker in the family!!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy!! Great job Callie!!!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was Callie's age I really loved to bake (actually I still do, lol but limit myself). Her cake turned out very well and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That cake looks amazing. Great job, Callie!

    ReplyDelete