Friday, February 21, 2020

"I love you" Banquet 2020


Like I said not too long ago, I love our family "I love you" Banquet!  It's such a great time together!  When Callie and I went shopping for the food we decided to do some fun appetizers.  We bought shrimp cocktail (always a hit with our family), star fruit (My new favorite fruit!), toasted cuban bread, and french bread with a smoked lobster dip.  So yum!


Then we had roasted cheesy brussel sprouts, twice baked potatoes with extra bacon, pork chops.  It was very good! 


Kisses from my sweetie.  It is an "I love you" Banquet, you know!?


Then, it was time to exchange gifts.  Such a sweet time!  It's different than at Christmas because you know the person created and thoughtfully made your gift.

 Silas gave Callie some coupons like "I will do a coloring page with you" and "Good for one morning chore done by Silas"  He also made her some homemade bubble bath that is scented with peppermint, lavendar, and ctirus.  She loved it!

Patrick made Tabitha mini wooden planter.

Beth made Liberty a book that she wrote.  It's actually a kid's book Beth wrote a few years ago after Patrick found a baby fawn without a mother.  Beth had taken Liberty's picture and made her the star of the book. It's so adorable!!


She likes it!


Micah wrote Patrick a sweet note, and...
....made him a pencil holder for his desk.


Callie embroidered a handkerchief for Beth.  She did a great job!  (thanks Grammy for teaching her!)


I made Micah a Chutes and Ladders game out of fabric.  He may or may not have beaten me a couple of times since taking this picture. :o)


Josh created a game for Silas that he can use his football cards with.  I may or may not have been beaten a few times at this game, too.  Grrrr.


Brenna created a date night box with a twist.  Of course it covers free babysitting! It also had a homemade cake mix with instructions.  One person must blind fold the other and talk them through how to make the cake.  He he.  Sounds like fun!


Liberty made Brenna an adorable picture frame.



And I received a beautiful picture and tear-inducing note from Tabitha.  She's so sweet!


And then, if you remember from last year, Tabitha had created an ice cream flavor for Josh.  We requested that she make it for our dessert.  And it was so yummy!!  We decided that it is tradition to have the ice cream for our "I love you" Banquet every year!


So thankful for this sweet family of mine.  So very blessed!!



1 comment:

  1. I love your family Kami and the way you all celebrate the special times of life. You are the only ones I know who celebrate Valentine's Day together as a family complete with special meal and gifts. Everything looks wonderful. God bless. xx ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete