Tuesday, March 24, 2020

He Cock-A-Doodle-Doo'ed!!

My Callie does so good with her chickens.  We have been patiently waiting for a very special sound.  It's one of the main reasons I wanted a rooster.  I LOVE to wake up to the sound of a rooster crowing.  Just love it!


Well, it finally happened with the rooster we bought Callie for Christmas.  About 5am one morning I heard a strange sound. Was it a child?  No.  A cat?  No, not that either.  One of my goats?  Could Trixie be in labor early?  Nope.  The rooster?? Yes oh yes!! 


 I was so excited!  It was 5 am, but I found my self actually giggling every time he tried.  So exciting living on this little farm of ours.  A dream come true for sure!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha, Callie looks like she is enjoying being a chicken farmer. Lucky you. You can get some fresh eggs.

    ReplyDelete