Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Hymn for March ~ Leave It There


A new month is here.  Already.  Anyone  feel like they are in over their head with things to do and commitments made?  I'm there.  I've heard the quote play over and over in my mind, "If you go to bed at night wishing you had more hours in your day, then you've said yes to too much."  Ouch.  So true!  God knew what He was doing when He gave us 24 hours in our day.  He knows what we need and will only give us what we need to accomplish in our days.  We tend to fill it up too much and waste it too much.  Agree?


That's why when I looked at hymns for this month, "Leave it There"  just kept standing out to me.  I know that amidst this busy time of life I tend to carry burdens that I don't need to.  And when I do my steps are slower and I'm not as productive as I need to because, let's just face it, burdens are heavy!

  Carrying life's stresses and problems around causes us to worry, over commit, and not accomplish the things that really matter.  When we are burdened with cares of the world we tend to waste time in pursuits that cause us to not think.  Ever get in a rut of reading too much? Or scrolling through others lives too often while you neglect your own? Or hit the snooze over and over because you're just not mentally and emotionally ready to face the day?  Then, it's safe to say that you're carrying a burden that the Lord doesn't want you to carry and weigh you down.
Psalm 55:22 says, "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved"



A burden-free life.  Sounds sort of dreamy doesn't it?  But we have a burden bearing God.  He wants to lighten our load as we go through life.  Just mentally picture taking those things that are weighing you down off of your shoulders and handing it over to Jesus.  It doesn't make sense, but He is right there, will take them from you, will lighten your load, and keep walking along with you.  We serve such an amazing God, don't we?

So for this month I would like to focus on the hymn, Leave It There.


1 If the world from you withhold of its silver and its gold,
And you have to get along with meager fare,
Just remember, in his Word, how he feeds the little bird -
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.
Refrain:
Leave it there, leave it there,
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there;
If you trust and never doubt, he will surely bring you out.
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.
2 If your body suffers pain and your health you can’t regain,
And your soul is almost sinking in despair,
Jesus knows the pain you feel, he can save and he can heal --
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there. [Refrain]
3 When your enemies assail and your heart begins to fail,
Don’t forget that God in heaven answers prayer;
He will make a way for you and will lead you safely through -
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there. [Refrain]
4 When your youthful days are gone and old age is stealing on,
And your body bends beneath the weight of care,
He will never leave you then, he’ll go with you to the end -
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there. [Refrain]


The words are so powerful and convicting!  I created a playlist on youtube to be able to listen to it.  It's such a beautiful hymn!  I will also be memorizing Psalm 55:22.

It's going to be a great month!  I'm so thankful for a faithful, loving God that is our burden bearer!


1 comment:

  1. A beautiful post Kami. It's one of life's challenges to really give our burdens over to the Lord. I know I still remind myself often. I am not so familiar with this hymn but I enjoyed it. God bless your week. xx

    ReplyDelete