Friday, October 16, 2009

Fridays

I don't know about you, but Fridays have always been special to me. When I was in Elementary school, Friday was the night I could stay up late and have friends over. I had so many Slumber Parties growing up. We watched movies, painted t-shirts (Mom, remember the purple paint on the dining room chair?), cooked any kind of junk food. Went shopping with Mom, and giggled a lot. I loved having friends over to spend the night and my parents were great about making things fun. Then, in high school, Friday night seemed to be the time I could go out with Patrick (if neither one of us was working) It was "Date Night". My Mom usually tagged along(that was the rule) and we all had a lot of fun together. It's funny because when my parents let me go out with Patrick alone, we often invited my Mom anyway because she was so much fun. Also, Friday night just had a relaxed, the week-end is here kind of feeling.

Well, now that I'm an adult, that hasn't changed. I love Friday Nights! I think my kids have caught the "Yay, it's Friday" bug, too! Language School is done at 11:30. Today, at 11:15 we looked out the window and Josh and Brenna were loading up the van with Silas's pack-n-play and their school bags. They were excited to get home for our Friday! Friday afternoon is the time we try not to study. This week has been super busy with studying through the afternoon and evening. It's nice to have a free afternoon to clear our heads! There's so many possibilites for this afternoon, I don't know what to do! I might do some quilting, or work on Keela's gift, or maybe I'll just take a nap! HHHMMMM? Then, tonight is our family fun night. We've got some fun things planned and our Triple Brownie cake is baking in the oven even now.

So, what do you do with your Fridays?

Have a great weekend...TGIF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment