Thursday, May 5, 2016

New Mercies every morning.


 April. It was a month that didn't quite go as planned.  I've not felt well.  The doctor has tried some new medicines for me.  Most give me side effects, or as she calls it, "Positive responses."  It's been difficult.  I've had days on the couch.  Days of sitting on the porch in my jammies.  Days of tears.  I had so many big ideas for April.

 But, I'm learning that His mercies are new each morning.  The sun continues to come up.  And God still has a plan for me.  These are days that the best thing for me is to do the next best thing.  Take the next step, just a step at a time, not the leaps like I have planned.  He's truly faithful during times in the valley.  And He shows me that during those times in the valley, He is holding my hand, seeing me through, and giving me hope and love.  Isn't God so good!  So, each day is a new day.  I want to live it exactly how He would have me to.  He knows what's best for me!

And just for fun, here's some pictures of what is happening on our little farm.  Spring is here, and actually summer as well.  That's life in North Florida!! :o)

 Our hens are growing to be quite big!  No eggs yet, but soon!

 Yay for beautiful blue blueberries!

 It's a pomegranate!!

 Our garden is taking off!!

 Tomatoes!

And cutesy little Brussel Sprouts.

God is so good and so faithful!  I can't help but look at these pictures and be reminded of His unchanging goodness!

3 comments:

  1. I relate to this post dear Kami. God's mercies are indeed new, each and every morning. May he continue to hold you in the palm of his hand and may you daily feel his love and help. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I am nowhere near being in your shoes with Lyme, dear friend, I needed to be reminded of this today. Thank you for posting about your journey with God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and by the way, Seth got his birthday card from your church filled with stickers! He was overjoyed with all those stickers. Thank you all for making his day.

    ReplyDelete