Monday, September 10, 2018

Let the Season begin! And I finally finished!


It was a little over 5 years ago (yikes, this quilt took me too long!) that Patrick asked me to make him an Eagles quilt.  I started gathering fabrics that were Philadelphia Eagles midnight green.  I began cutting and sewing and then....I stopped.  I did make a few quilts between then and now, but I never finished his quilt. And he hadn't forgotten. :o)  So, with the new season ready to begin, I had a great goal of finishing his quilt.  I'm proud to say that I finished!  (even if it was only an hour before the game. :o) )



It has an Eagles emblem sewn to the top that we cut off of one of Joshua's old Eagles jackets.


And I bought iron-on jersey letters for the bottom. 
The pattern I picked was a lot of fun to make and I think I'm going to be using this one again, just with more blocks.


Since it was the first game, we decided to have a kick off party!  It was so fun to have over great friends and have great food. 



Even Liberty is an Eagles fan!


My hubby was happy about his quilt, and he was happy about the Eagles first win....even though it was a down to the last second, stressful game.  Football season is here!


2 comments:

  1. WOW! This is sooo beautiful! You certainly could make a killing if you could sale these on etsy! Beautiful quilt, even if we are Panther's fans over here :) Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you! (the quilt part...not the panther part ;o) )

      Delete