Monday, October 8, 2018

Kitchen Redo

 When we first bought our home, we knew we wanted to update the kitchen.  We painted cabinets and painted the countertops.  It was so fun planning everything out!  But, after 3 1/2 years the color of the counters was wearing on me.  And since it's soooo cheap to just buy some acrylic paint and polycrilic to redo the countertops...we decided to go for it!  Did you know that you can paint formica?  You can!  We did over 3 years ago and it has held up so well!!


I knew I wanted something lighter and without so much of a honey color.

 We started with a base of pewter.  Doesn't it look like concrete?

 Then, we started sponging away.  My goal was to have a very light countertop with just a hint of gray and beige peaking through.


And we did it!  I love it!  And my sweet hubby is so amazing.  As I started redoing the countertops, we realized that the tile that was there when we moved in was yellowed and needed to be replaced.  So, we decided to go ahead and put in new backsplash.  I love the little stone tiles we picked!  It really complements the counters, cabinets, and flooring!


I'm loving my new kitchen!  So clean, inviting, and ready for lots of meal prep! :o)


Out of all the rooms in the house, we spend the most in here somehow.  What about your family?  What is the room you spend the most time in?

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!!! We have always been renters, I can't wait until the day that we finally purchase our first home, I now it will happen, just not sure when :) We spend the most time in the dining room! It couples as our school room! Our bedrooms are upstairs, so we don't spend a great deal of time in them unfortunately. But you guys did an amazing job, you have a beautiful kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen looks very nice and the new countertops brighten up the space. I like the tiles too. I've also been looking at small updates here and there but haven't made much progress yet. For now I'm doing more decluttering and getting rid of good stuff to those who want it. I've got about 20 gigantic balls of yarn to donate to a local women's missionary group. I also donate fabrics to them from time to time. They make all kinds of things to send to African and Asian countries. I think my favourite room is the living room and I'm trying to make more "room" in there too, lol. Have a wonderful week ahead. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete