Sunday, June 6, 2021

Updating with compromise in mind


We've had fun doing a little updating lately.  It's amazing though, because once you start one thing you see another, then another, then another....it is fun though!  It's amazing how much your tastes can change in 6 years ago.  When we fixed up our mobile home we wanted a darker look.  That was nice....for a little bit.  Then I realized I wanted a bright open space with lighter colors.

When we put in our new countertops, it really clashed with our chocolate brown cabinets.  As Patrick and I talked about it we couldn't decide on what color to paint our cabinets.  One of us wanted white, one wanted a darker color.  Then, came our date to Lowes :o)

We walked in and saw several displays of the upper/middle cabinets a light color while the bottoms cabinets were a darker color.  Hello Compromise!! 


We went with a super light gray that looks white for the upper cabinets.  It's called Summer Gray.  For the lower cabinets we did a medium/dark gray.  It was quite a lot of work, but we love love love how it turned out!



 And I am loving the new shelves that I got from Hobby Lobby.  Such a pretty space.  I am loving "blessing" my home.  It's a wonderful life!!

3 comments:

  1. I like the new look a lot and I think the colours go well with your countertops. Well done! Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete