Saturday, February 12, 2022

To revive womanhood


 I was about 15.  Our Pastor had announced a few weeks earlier that we were going to be getting a Youth Pastor.  He would be a man on full time staff of the church.  His job would be to connect with the teenagers, build the youth department and be a Godly role model for the young people of our church.  I was excited!  

When he arrived to our Sunday School class, he introduced himself.  Then, he aksed a question.  "What is revival?"  My hand shot up.  I was so excited to make an impression that I knew the answer.  I wanted him to think that I was spiritual and could be a leader in our youth group.  When he called on me I answered, "Revival is a one-week meeting where a visiting preacher comes and we go to church everynight to hear him."  (then I gave my best smile) I'm sure on the inside Pastor Shawn laughed.  He very nicely let me know that this is not revival.  What?  I had been in church all my life.  I was saved at 5.  I had even been to revival!  He then began to explain that revival takes place in the heart.  It means to become alive again.  Well.  I blew that one.  But, I did learn a valuable truth that day (other than the fact that I really didn't know it all), I learned that revival was something I not only needed, but it was something that I wanted.  

Fast forward 30 years.  Yikes!  Did I really type 30?!  For this year's theme at VSIBC my huband chose Revive the spirit/Revive the heart.  I love the theme!  Each month our church is working on a goal together that will point us to revival in our lives and our hearts.   But, it got me to thinking, "How about revival in the life of every woman!"  Womanhood is struggling. I've mentioned before on my blog that The greatest testimony you can have is to fulfil the role God created for you.   I'm pretty sure that if you are reading my blog, then you are probably like me and feel a need for a revival in womanhood.  I want to make things in my life, as a woman, alive and renewed and the way God would have them to be. 

As I thought about this, I began jotting down ideas of what should be revived in the life of a woman.  My list grew quite long!  But, I know it is things that I need to work on.  So, I thought I would start a little series and share them on here.  It's always good to have that accountability.  So, I'm looking forward to some revival in my life as a woman. Want to join me?

2 comments:

  1. Great post Kami and a cute story of how you learned what true revival is. My them word for this year is 'refresh'. I'm very much in need of it. Part of that is scaling back on a lot of things I used to do and spending more time the word. I'll check in here from time to time and see what I can learn about 'reviving' myself to be a better woman of God. Thank you for all you do. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to your series of lessons, Kami. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete