Monday, February 14, 2022

Do I love Him?


 
Love.  What exactly is it?  It makes me think of chocolate taped to handwritten notes.  I think of red roses in pretty glass vases.  I think of hearts cut out of construction paper in red and pink.  It's dinner out together with candlelight and violins playing.  (Sigh)  Love is so special.

Since today is Valentine's Day, I thought it was a great place to start the series of "to revive womandhood"  If we really want our lives to be revived for Jesus, it starts with our love.  So I must ask, Do you love Jesus?

To answer that question, it might be a good idea to think about how love is shown.  Remember when you first knew you loved your hubby to be?  How did you show that love?  Remember when you first were married, and your whole goal in life was to love well the man God had given you?  How did you do that?
If you were like me you:
Thought about him.  Constantly.
You dreamed about when you could be together.
You thought of how you could make your time with him more sweeter.
You thought of ways to make him know he was important to you. 
You wrote notes, cooked meals, called and left sweet messages.
He was your priority.  He was your life.
You put him first and found it a joy to make him happy.
That's love.

So how about Jesus?
Using last week as a little thermometer....
Did you think about Him?
Did you dream about when you could spend time with just Him?
Did you do things for Him?
Was He your priority?  Your life?
Did you put Him first and find it a joy to make Him happy?

I know I need to love Him more.  This is an area that needs revival.  And it's amazing what love does.  When you love as you're supposed to, the Lord blesses in miraculous ways and things seem to fall into place better, priorities line up where they are supposed to, and the people in our lives are treated with the love they ought to have.  Love for Christ does that!

So then the question comes.....how do I love Him more?
To know Him is to love Him.  The more we get to know Christ, the more we will love Him.

1 John 4:7, 8 says,"...for love is of God;  and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 
 He that loveth not knoweth not God, for God is love."

Did you catch that part?   "And knoweth God."   Do you know Him?  What is He like?  What are His attributes and characteristics?  When we truly know God, we fall in love with Him.
And that is revival.  I want my heart to be revived in the area of my love for Christ.

Here is how I will put feet to this, this week:

As I soak myself in His Word (God's love letter to me) I want to ask God to show Himself to me.   I will on purpose look for His attributes and characteristics.  I am going to post a paper on my desk where I can see it and be reminded of how amazing He is!  My love for Him needs to be revived.  That really is the beginning and foundation for our walk with Him.  When we love Him as we should, we will be the woman God has created for us to be.

And I think I just might put those characteristics and attributes on pink or red construction paper cut into the shape of a heart.  Because it is Valentine's Day.  And I do love Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment