Wednesday, May 17, 2023

To help the one who has taken so much care of me

We've had a busy few months.  I am finding that I'm getting so behind in posting on my blog.  But, there are so many great things that have been happening, so I'll just keep moving along, and one day I'll be caught up.  
A couple of months ago my Mom had knee replacement surgery.  My Beth wanted to go down and help take care of her for a bit.  My Mom has always been a care-giver for our family.  Even though she's about 5 hours down the road, if we need her, she comes.  So, I was thankful Beth wanted to go.  She thought about driving down on her own, then she realized that the Strange's would be coming through about when she wanted to go, so she hitched a ride with them.  I am so glad she was able to have time with this Godly couple that has had so much influence on my life!

Since she went down without her car, that meant we had to pick her up.  Perfect time for a road trip for me and my Callie!  It was so fun!  We had a great time together!  We talked, and ate and listened to a book on CD.  I just love that one on one time with my kiddos!



We were able to stay a few days with Mom and Dad.  My sweet mother was in a good bit of pain from the surgery.  I felt so bad for her.  But as the few days went along, she was starting to slowly see improvement.  The night before we left Dad wanted her to try and get out for a ride in the truck.  We went to Sonic for dinner and ate in the car.  It was so much fun!




 And then all too soon it was time for us to go home.  As we were driving away I saw my Mom head out to the sidewalk.  That was a huge walk for her at that time!  She is doing so good!!

Since then, she has improved so much and is doing great.  Knee surgery is not fun! I'm so glad she's getting better.  Love you Mom!

1 comment:

  1. So glad your mom is doing better and that you got to spend that time with Callie. Glad Beth got to go help your parents. I'm sure she was such a blessing to them.

    ReplyDelete