Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back-To-School Family Fun Night

This Friday Night's Family Fun Night was a lot of Fun. I surprised my Family with a Back to School theme. First I prepared a scrumptious dinner in a brown paper bag. I bought the usual lunch goodies for our "sack lunch" The sacks were loaded down! Of course, I included a note from their Momma. I made name cards to go where each "student" would sit and put their lunch sack by their name. Then, I called them into school with a bell.

I welcomed all of my "students" to Learning is Fun Academy. (That is actually our school name. When we started homeschooling 5 years ago I read in a book about creative homeschooling that said you should pick a school name. Josh picked Learning is Fun Academy. It has stuck ever since) I soon realized that I had some students with behavior problems! :o) (Yes, Patrick was one of my students!)



I had a picture ready for them to color. The girls did very well. The boys on the other hand....they made kids with blue hair and basketballs for their heads. I guess I should award them for their creativity.


Then, we had our dinner...I mean lunch. JEB had been talking about Little Debbies Cosmic Brownies. I was so excited when I found them at the store.






Of course Silas had to help Daddy complete some of his papers. We had a maze, a word search, and a Spelling Bee. I have some very good spellers!







Then, they had to look at a full pencil box for 10 seconds. I hid it and they had to try to remember everything in the case. We finished the night with Heads Up 7-UP. Remember that one? It used to be one of my favorites when I was little.


My "students" were awarded with highlighters, special pens, and pencil sharpeners. Hmm, what a coincidence we actually needed those school supplies! I think we all enjoyed our Back to School Night. It definitely put us in the school mood! We're still waiting on our ACE school books to arrive. I don't think we'll make our start date of August 31st! But, when they do come, we're ready to start our 2009-2010 Learning is Fun Academy School Year!






2 comments:

  1. What FUN!! Great idea. Kami you look just like a snooty school teacher. I know you all can't wait to get all the new books and start school. Love you all,

    ReplyDelete
  2. the great thing about ACE is that you can catch up quick. Plus, if your students believe that Learning is Fun...they will. Sounds like a fun night and LD Cosmic Brownies as great!!

    ReplyDelete