Monday, August 3, 2009

My Crafty Girls

My girls and I have been enjoying some craft time lately. We've been making quilt blocks once a month with my Mom and sisters. We've had lots of tearing out and redoing, but we're learning as we go and having a good time.
Brenna has especially enjoyed making some new skirts for herself. We basically just copied a pattern from a skirt that she already has. We started off with a Khaki one. She loved making it! It turned out very cute on her. Since then, she's made another Khaki one and a Navy one, too. She's done the last two completely by herself, from start to finish! I'm so proud of her!

Being silly, while modeling her knew skirt.

Now,we're ready for church!

Elisabeth has also enjoyed some crafty time too. She's been embroidering and doing a very good job. She's embroidering a leaf pattern onto some material that she wants to sew into a pillow. In this picture she actually sewed her embroidery to her skirt! We all had a good laugh about that!
Way to go, girls...I love your new creations!







1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! You girls have been busy. Brenna, I love your skirt. You did a great job on it and it fits you so well. Beth, I've sown to my dress many many times. Glad I'm not the only one. Can't wait to see your finished embroidery.
    Love you all,
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete