Friday, August 21, 2009

Fromage au Fudge

The other day, a friend of mine from church wanted to show me a fruit and vegetable store that has great deals. After we came out with bags full of marked down goodies, I saw a Fromagerie, which is a cheese shop. I had to go in! Since we've been in Quebec we've enjoyed sampling specialty cheeses. We've tried Camembert, Brie, and several differerent goat cheeses, to name a few. In the Fromagerie I saw this dark brick of cheese. I couldn't figure out what it could be, so my friend asked the shopkeeper. It was "Fromage au Fudge". Basically Chocolate Cheese! At first I thought, oh that's gross! But when she offered for us to sample it, I think I fell in love!! I knew I HAD to buy some so my family could sample it. At first their reaction was just like mine. Yuck, that sounds gross! But, when they tried it they thought it was amazing, too!
It's sweet, but not as sweet as fudge. It doesn't have the almost grainyness that fudge has. It was smooth and creamy and just plain wonderful. I think it's my new favorite food! Come to Quebec and I'll take you to the Fromagerie and I'll buy you your very own brick of Fromage au Fudge!

3 comments:

  1. hmmmm . . . I don't know about this. My eyes say "yum"! My taste buds say "gross"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds WONDERFUL! I bet it's like chocolate cheese cake. YUM!

    Yes, I'm still reading thru your blog. I'm all the way up to Aug now, yay! It's like snooping thru someone's diary without the snooping.

    ReplyDelete