Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"Ladies Weekend"

Last weekend Patrick took Josh, Pastor Roy and his son Benjamin camping in Jackman, Maine. They had a great time. Since the men were gone, we (Christina Roy and me) decided to have some fun too. So, Christina and Camille came and spent the night with us. First, we had a tea party. Elisabeth and Brenna (and me too!) love to have tea parties. We love the dainty foods and tea flavors and pretty teacups...and everything about tea parties! Christina and Camille had never had a tea party, so we had fun showing them what we do.



My new favorite tea is Lady Grey. Beth's favorite is Earl Grey, so we've had that a bunch of times, but I've never had Lady Grey. It was fabulous. Silas didn't have tea at our tea party, he had juice instead.

The next day was the "Dorcas" meeting for our church and we were privelaged to host it this time. The Dorcas meeting is where the ladies get together and have a devotion, usual eat, and might work on a project together. The weather was great, so we had lunch outside. Then, Madame Estelle gave us an excellent devotion on "Be Strong". It was such a blessing!








Then, we headed inside to work on making tissue holders for the upcoming Preacher's Conference. We had a great time while the men were away, but I was also excited to have Patrick and Josh back. They had many funny camping stories and made lots of memories together.






I'm so thankful the Lord has allowed me to meet and make friends with the ladies from our church. They are a blessing to me and so encouraging as I'm trying to learn french!





1 comment:

  1. I Love Tea Parties!!! It's good that you all got together to do something special. I'm glad the Lord gave you some friends in Canada.
    Love and miss you,
    Love, MOM
    p.s. Love the picture of Silas and Beth. Beth is a mature young lady and Silas is really growing. Love the smiles.

    ReplyDelete