Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cerise de Terre

Our landlord has lots of different things planted in the garden. He showed us this fruit (I'm not sure if it's a fruit, vegetable, or what?) It is called Cerise de Terre, which means "Cherry of the Land". It doesn't taste like a cherry, more like a tomato. I told Josh to pick me 15 of them to put in our salad.
After you pick them, you peel away the outer "leaf". I don't know if it's a leaf or not, but that's what it feels like. Brenna did the "peeling away" part.



Then, we put them in a nice green salad sprinkled with Rice Vinegar and served with Pickled Beets (This is one of Beth's favorites) and cottage cheese. Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. mmmmm looks delicious. I love my salad with pickled beets & cottage cheese. What is rice vinegar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks good, but not the pickled beets and cottage cheese :)

    ReplyDelete