Thursday, September 24, 2009

We found a Birth Center!

Yesterday, we went and toured the Birth Center on the South Shore of Quebec. The building was very unique. It's right next to a big Catholic Church. It was built about 200 years ago for the Priest of the Catholic Church to live in. Since they don't have a full-time priest anymore, they don't use the building, so it is now used as a birth center. There are many midwives that practice here. I was assigned an English-speaking midwife! Yipee! She said that no matter how far along I will be in my french in May, that I will probably not want to use it during labor! The philosophy and care reminded me a lot of the birth center in Naples where I had Silas. It was very homey, with a kitchen, and "bedrooms" to have the baby in. Also, there were huge tubs in each room. That's a definite plus! The place was incredibly clean, and we felt very welcome. They have the attitude that birth is natural, unless absolutely medically necessary, intervention isn't necessary. I like that. We decided this is where we want to have our baby. We also have the option to have the baby here at home and have the midwife come to us. Since we have two neighbors living upstairs, we decided against that option, for now. :o)




We're so thankful we found a place we felt comfortable. Of course, if complications arise, a Birth Center Birth will not be an option. Please pray with us now for the health of our new baby and that things will go very smoothly (and quick!) Most of all pray that our baby will accept Christ as Savior at an early age. We want our baby to serve the Lord...that's the only way to have true joy and true peace. What about you? Do you have true joy and true peace in your life? I promise, you'll never regret serving the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Kami, I'm so happy for you all! We have been praying for you! I miss you and hope we can see you again soon. Congrats again!

    Love,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found a Birth Center that you love and feel comfortable in. I love the building. Can't wait for a tour of my own. Praying for all of you. Give all the kids a hug for me. Love and miss you, Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete