Thursday, September 17, 2009

This week (even though it's not over yet) hasn't been our greatest week. We've been fighting some sort of "bug". Yuck! It started on Monday with a few stomach issues with some of us (I'm trying to be sweet and not list names and specifics :o) Then, Beth and Josh started to run a low grade fever. Then, it was Silas's turn. It ended up we all had just a touch of something. Praise the Lord it went quickly! Do you notice that sicknesses like that can really drain you? So, Wednesday I missed school to say home with Brenna and Silas. I made some homemade Potato/Chicken soup and served it with Grilled Cheddar Cheese sandwiches. Even though we weren't feeling well, we still had plenty of homework to do. I'm praying that some of this info will stick in my brain. We're learning a lot about masculine and feminine, and how to ask questions. I've also been on the hunt for a OB or preferrably a midwife. I think I've found a Birth Center with several midwives that speak English. I talked with one Sage-femme (midwife) today and she seemed a lot like my midwife, Dawn. I love using a midwife and the philosophy they have. She is ordering an ultrasound for me that I should have some time next week. I'm praying that there will be an opening for me to have the baby at the Birth Center (they only accept 22 per month, BUT they haven't begun to register for ladies due in May. They think I'm at the top of the list.) Once again, I'm feeling the strain of a language barrier. Even searching for a doctor online has been very difficult. I'm so thankful Madame Estelle has done a lot of calling for me. Hopefully when the baby comes I'll be ready to communicate in French, but I think I'll probably be wanting to speak in English ;o)
I think we are now on the mend and ready for a weekend full of homework!

1 comment:

  1. How do you say "Push" in French??
    Pat your tummy and say "Grandma Loves you"

    ReplyDelete