Sunday, April 25, 2010

Peacemaker

A Mother has many roles that she plays in life. One of those roles that we play is a peacemaker. Our homes can easily and quickly go from a quiet, gentle place, to a raging roaring battle. You know what it's like, we wake up to beautiful sunshine, birds singing, clean home, and coffee wafting through the air, then within seconds, there's milk on the floor, a fight for a certain chair, a messy diaper, and a grumpy parent (which isn't always the Daddy!) :o)
I was reading in James this afternoon and I love how God consistently lays out a clear pattern for me to follow. He knows I need wisdom as I strive to be the Mother I should. Oh how often I fail! God knows my struggles as a mother, the role I play and then He shows me how to have victory! Thank you, Lord!

James 3:16,17
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy, and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment