Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reeses for my girl

My Elisabeth LOVES Reeses cups.  I mean loves loves loves 'em!  But, unfortunately, that is a luxury we are unable to buy here.  So, when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I decided to try it for my girl.  Then, I read the ingredients.  Oh dear...can't get all of those either.  So, I made a few changes and decided to go for it.  The result?  Reeses Peanut Butter Cups!  They were fabulous! It was so easy and I didn't even have to fire up the oven or stove!  (That's a definite blessing in this weather!) And I had one happy girl!



St. Barths Reeses Cups (Do you like the name? :o)

Ingredients
1 cup butter melted
2 cups Vanilla Wafers ground fine in a food processor
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup + 4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 milk chocolate candy bar chopped into pieces.

Directions
In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, vanilla wafers, sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. In the microwave, melt the chocolate with the remaining peanut butter, stirring every 30 seconds until melted until smooth. Spread over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, what a good mother you are. I just know your daughter LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't get Reeses cups in the southern Caribbean either, and they are my husband's favorite. We can get all of the ingredients of your St. Barths version, so we will try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That glowing face says it all! St. Barth's Reese's Cups are a hit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracie and I think we should definitely try these :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't do peanut butter due to allergies but I think I may try Almond butter. :)They sound so yummy.

    ReplyDelete