Tuesday, December 10, 2019

What am I following?

This morning, as Patrick and I prepared our coffee, had Bibles in our hands, and we each started towards our "quiet spot", I told him, "I have so much to do next week, I'm feeling overwhelmed."  Anyone else feel that way sometimes?  All the time?  Especially this time of year?

Minutes later, as I sat down for my time alone with the Lord, He gave me something from His Word concerning the thought of feeling overwhelmed with too much to do.  It's really a theme in my life that the Lord keeps working on.  I'm so thankful for the Lord giving me exactly what I need, when I need it!

The ladies of VSIBC have enjoyed doing a scripture writing challenge each month.  We have a theme and write verses to go along with this theme.  For the month of December, it is PEACE.  How perfect.  This morning I was writing out Hebrews 12:12-15.  If you've never written out scripture, I encourage you to do it.  Each word comes alive and has a purpose.  You see how God perfectly puts everything together.  This morning I read, and wrote:

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Hebrews 12:14

If you are reading my blog, there is a good chance you are a Christian.  Maybe even a good chance that you could be a mother.  I have a feeling we have a similar goal in life:  for our children, and others, to see the Lord in us.  I want Him to shine through me.  But, honestly, it is easy to remember that when you have your prayer time.  It's easy to remember as you are reading God's Word.  It's also easy to remember when you are sitting in church.  But, what about those other times?  What about when you have a tough day?  What about when you have to solve another dispute between a 7 and 10 year old? What about when you realize that one of your children is being deceitful in their school work?  What about when you've encouraged one of your blessings to slow down and be careful, and they spill grape juice all over the floor. again?  What about when you realize you have more things to do than minutes in the day?  Do I remember my desire to let others see the Lord in me?  Or does my feeling of overwhelm cause me to be touchy and aggravated?
Do I have a life that is filled with so much peace that it points others to the Lord?

Is my schedule
    my plans
    my busyness
    my reactions
    my attitude
                       blurring what people should be seeing in me?

Follow peace.   What a wonderful reminder that I needed for today!

1 comment:

  1. I need this post today. I've been feeling overwhelmed too.

    ReplyDelete