Wednesday, August 5, 2020

A Sweet Surprise




My Callie received a very sweet surprise in the mail.  But, let me back up a bit.  When we were down visiting my parents last month, Callie saw that my Mom had received an American Girl Magazine.  (My Mom definitely has a cool grandma status!)  Well, Callie loved looking through that magazine.  I mean really looking through every detail.  That made me and my Mom so happy.  You see Callie is on the brink of growing up into a teenager.  You can just tell that she is getting older and her likes and tastes are changing.  It's all natural and in the timing it should be, but.....Callie is my baby girl! I want to enjoy this age and not wish for her to be any older. So, when she took a re-liking to dolls, I loved it.  And so did my Mom.

Then, the mail came.  We had no idea that my Mom decided to go ahead and order Callie an American Girl Doll.  Talk about make Callie's day!  She was so excited!!!

The saying, "The days are long but the years are short" has never been a favorite of mine.  It sounds as if someone isn't enjoying the days.  But, I do get it.  Sometimes our days are filled with laundry, schooling, cleaning, and decisions to be made for our family.  Some days we fall into bed exhausted and thankful that another day is in the books.  But, the years are going by too fast.  So many changes are happening in our family.  Good changes.  I want to cherish every moment.  And this smile on my girl's face was definitely a moment to cherish!

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet of your mom to send Callie such a precious gift. I can tell Callie is overjoyed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and a good reminder for me.

    ReplyDelete