Sunday, November 29, 2020

Can we make cookies Lolli?


I love it when this girl comes over and we bake together.  We giggle, measure things, stir, sample and have such a sweet time.  

I'm trying to be extra careful with her little hands around the kitchenaid mixer.  I would tell her to make sure and keep her hands away.  Then, she put her hand on top of the mixer and said, "Like this Lolli?" And then I noticed that she was putting her hands exactly where I put them when I turn on the mixer.  I realized she was doing exactly what I was doing.

Since that day I've noticed she does that a lot.  If I stand a certain way, or move my hands a certain way, she imitates me.  They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  I really am honored, but I got those same feelings that I had when my kiddos were this age.  It's almost a feeling of Watch-yourself-Kami-because-she-is-watching-and-copying-everything-you-do.  Remember those feelings?  Or have them now?  You realize the great responsibility you have when little ones want to be just like you.  It causes you to make sure you are being sweet, responding right, and doing things that you would want them to do.  It's a fearful thing because I want her to make good choices with her life and I wouldn't want to lead her astray.

1 Timothy 4:12 says, "be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

My prayer is to be a godly grandmother that would point Liberty, Freedom and the new baby to our precious Savior.  These girls really are watching!  



 

1 comment: