Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Passing the spatula again

I snapped this photo the other day.  And as soon as I did, I remembered doing this same thing, although it was about 12 years ago.  After searching my blog I found this post, and this one and this one too.   I remember when Josh was getting into cooking, especially using my griddle.  

For my birthday this year I asked for a griddle again.  After lots of loving use, ours broke several years ago.  So when I unwrapped a new one from my Mom, I was very excited and knew it would get lots of loving use, too!



 Micah has enjoyed flipping french toast and pancakes.  We need to get to burgers sometime, too.

Life is repeating.  I know I enjoyed those moments the first time around.  This time around I am enjoying them.  And savouring them.  Life truly is a vapor that appears for a time, then vanishes away.  I want to soak it all in, savour it and choose to serve the Lord with each moment.  For a Momma, that might mean teaching your boy how to flip frenchtoast on a griddle.  It's amazing how God can take a moment such as that and use it.  He can use it for time to answer questions about living a life for the Lord.  He can use that time to have a heart to heart conversation (it's amazing how kids seem to talk better when their hands are busy), He can also use that time to just enjoy the life He gives us with the people He puts in our lives.  That brings Him delight.  And it does me, too.

1 comment:

  1. How cute for Michal to take over as the french toast and pancake flipper. I love French toast and everyone else in my family growing up seemed to love pancakes. We always had a cast iron griddle. Boy those sure worked good.

    ReplyDelete