Tuesday, May 11, 2021

What to get her?

If you know my Callie, you know she's always wanted a cat.  Always.  It's been a never ending desire of hers for a long time.  Well, my sweet hubby is allergic, so it never really was an option.  But, as her 11th birthday approached, Patrick and I rediscussed the thought of her getting a kitten.  We knew if she trained it to be an outdoor cat, that she would love it.  And hopefully not agitate any allergies!


She was so excited on the morning of her birthday when she opened a letter saying we had an appointment at the human society to get a kitten.  She even had tears, she was so excited!

Once we got to the shelter, however, she had a hard time deciding!  There were many, many kittens.  And all of them so cute!!


She finally made her choice on this adorable gray tabby cat.  It has stripes and orange markings on it.



Honestly, I think it's the cutest kitten I've ever seen!!



And Callie is loving every minute with her little feline.  She's so happy!


My girl had a wonderful birthday!



 And for now, Peaches is getting to know her new companion.  We'll see how that goes!

3 comments:

  1. The kitty is adorable. I am concerned about how you will protect it from weather and predators, etc. While I did have an outdoor/indoor cat I am not a fan of leaving pets outdoors all the time. I hope this works out for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cats too and the new kitty is adorable. I read that outdoor cats live only about a third as long as indoor cats. I hope Callie won't be too sad if that happens with her pet. I know so many people suffer from allergies to dander. A happy belated birthday to your young lady. The strawberry cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Callie! She is growing up so quickly. Her kitten is adorable.

    ReplyDelete