Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Lots to Do!

The day before the wedding, we started bright and early with last minute prep.  Patrick finished building the arch that Brenna wanted to be at the front of the church.



He got quite sweaty.  Perfect time to give his girl a few last minute hugs!







Then, it was off to the camper to move in Brenna.  AJ and Brenna have bought 10 acres to build on.  But, until the building process starts, they aren't able to park their camper on their property.  Bummer.  So, they will be parking at a cute and quiet campground in the country.  I'm so happy for them.  When we were loading the car with some of Brenna's things, I saw Micah standing off to the side.  I asked him what he was doing.  He said, "I don't want to help.  I don't want to help Brenna move away from us."  And then tears.  Wow, this is hard!


But, the tears couldn't last long when I would watch AJ and Brenna and how excited they were.  I love how happy they are!  And how they speak a million words with just their eyes.



Then, it was off to rehearsal.  Things went so great!  AJ's parents catered in Olive Garden for the rehearsal dinner.  It was sooo yummy!!!  After that, us girls decided to head to Cheesecake Factory for a little girl time.  We laughed and laughed and had such a great time together!!





The next morning we headed out for our nail appointments.  It was so fun having us all together.  



 Then, it was off to Mexican for lunch.  


I'm so thankful my sister Tay arrived in time to eat with us. She was "Assistant to the Mother of the Bride."  We had her running everywhere! We ate and talked and laughed.  Then, we headed to the church to get ready.  Brenna went from laughing a bunch, then to being quiet and comptemplative.  I think she was getting a little nervous. I asked how she was doing and she said she just wanted to see AJ and was just ready to be his wife.  It was so sweet.  

It was a fun day preparing for my girl's big day.  Honestly, there weren't any major hiccups and everything went smoothly.  As we prepared to give our girl away we hugged and had some tears and thanked the Lord for Brenna, for AJ, and for their future ahead.


1 comment:

  1. It's so wonderful to have a papa who is so handy and so skilled. I'm sure Brenna loves the support. I see that Brenna and AJ have certainly had a lot of great plans and things to keep them very busy. I also see such a wonderful support system all around them. I hope dear Micah will not be so lonely in the weeks and months to come. Big hugs to him. xx

    ReplyDelete