Wednesday, October 20, 2021

My Beth


It's amazing to watch your children grow from child to adult.   When they develop and steward the strengths that God gives them and use them for Him, really makes 3 John 4 come alive.


My Beth is the Sunday School teacher for 2s and 3s.  She loves it!  And they love her.  She takes her class as serious as if these were older children or adults she is teaching.  She faithfully plans, preprares and prays for her class.  She's taught them so much!  I love hearing them quote scripture, say the books of the Bible and sings songs that she taught them.


Last week I was really getting a headache during Sunday School.  I knew I needed to find a quiet spot for about 10 minutes and let my head calm down before the AM service.  Do you know how hard it is to find a quiet spot in a busy, active, growing church?  If you've been to our building you will know what I mean.  I decided the nursery bathroom might work.  Well, of course, that's when children want to use the restroom...when others are in it!  So I sat in the rocking chair and watched Beth teach her class.


On that day she was teaching on the courage of Esther.  She told them all about wicked Haman, and about Esther's plan to have a beautiful banquet.  They made crowns full of jewels and glitter and pretended to be Esther hosting a banquet.  Then, they feasted!!  Beth had prepared hashbrowns, little debbie cakes, and cucumber sandwhiches.  I'm sure that's what Esther fed the King and Haman! ;o)


And the whole time she had her class's attention as she taught them.  Yes, this is the younger kiddos class.  But, they are learning so many lessons.  And my Beth is putting a desire in their heart to be at Sunday School.  

It's really true.  There is no greater joy.  (3 John 4)
 

2 comments:

  1. The impact of a good Sunday School teacher on a person's life is immeasurable. I remember mine with fondness and her example and teaching have been with me to this day. May God continue to bless Beth in her role as a Godly Sunday School teacher and example of Christ's love to the little ones.

    ReplyDelete