Wednesday, March 2, 2022

New babies on Storybook Farms

It's been an exciting couple of weeks around our little farm! We knew Trixie was due any day. In fact I thought she was due on Thanksgiving but I obviously didn't get that date right! 

Since we exposed her with the buck the first day she could have delivered would have been thanksgiving. But I assumed that if it didn't happen then it shouldve happened within the following month. But Christmas came and went and we had no babies.  We knew Jenna would be due any day after February 20th. So new little babies were right around the corner! How fun!


Of course the moment I get ready to head into Gainesville for an appointment is when we realize Jenna is in labor. Silas called me along the way and video called me to give me updates. When I had my appointment she had two beautiful babies! Silas was right there to assist her and cleaned off the babies as they delivered. So proud of my boy! 

They're getting lots of love that's for sure!
She delivered two adorable females.
This one is all salt and peppery except her legs are black. We named her Winnie.
The other doe is a mini Jenna. She has all of her colorings. We named her Caddy.

 So exciting! But as you can see in the background Trixie was definitely huge and filling up with lots of milk. But I was starting to worry. Why hadn't  she delivered yet? I was starting to get quite concerned wondering why she was so huge and delivering. So we waited and waited and waited....... 

1 comment: