Thursday, March 31, 2022

Time together

As my children get older, it can be harder to have that one on one time that they need (and I need too!)  But, I'm finding it is getting more and more important.  I'm realizing anew that time together can be as simple as running to the store, or out for ice cream.  It can be time on the porch or on the couch.  The place doesn't matter.  The activity doesn't matter either.  It doesn't have to be something grand.  Even the amount of time doesn't matter,  It could be 10 minutes or 100. 


Here is what I have found does matter:

To make it happen.  

This is where it's easy to let the busyness of the day and all we need to accomplish overwhelm us.  It's easy to let days pass by and think, "Did I really look into their eyes today while they talked?"  



 I'm realizing afresh and anew that time goes very fast.  Soon my baby will be 10.  I won't have any more children that are single digits in my home.  I feel like we are on the cusp of being empty nesters....I know that's how fast it goes.

So today I purpose to:

Not be overwhelmed with the little to-dos.  It's okay if there are crumbs on the floor and my list isn't all crossed off.

Not be too busy when my kiddos want to tell me something.  Eye contact, and a listening heart is what they need.

Smile.  A lot.  To be a fun Mom that truly enjoys her children.

Cherish these moments.


It's really going to be a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I feel those same things too! My youngest turns 9 this year, its hard especially when you're used to having little kids around all the time! Those feelings have been heavier on my heart lately too, so I'll be praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this reminder, Kami. I will put it into practice today!

    ReplyDelete