Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Yummy Christmasy Salad



I made this super delicious salad last week. Even my not-so-crazy-about-salads husband and son loved it! That says a lot! :o) It was so good and crunchy and so pretty, too! It's definitely going to adorn our table on Christmas day! So, here's the recipe:

Oh-So-Good Salad


Lettuce-not sure exactly how much, but I tore 1/2 a head of iceberg, then 1/2 green leaf lettuce onto a pretty tray

Top with-
1 cubed Red Apple, and 1 cubed Green Apple
1/2 cup Golden Raisins
3/4 cup Walnut halves

Then, pour dressing over top
Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. mayo
1 tsp. mustard (prepared)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper

Voila! Super good!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful and looks even better in the pictures you took! I want to make now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! In fact, I just added it to our menu for our teen Christmas party that we'll be having here at our house on Friday. Thanks, friend! :-)

    And, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I'm making this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete