Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Great Toddler Craft!

I know this will make some of my northern friends just a little jealous, but I thought I'd go ahead and post anyway! :o)
Silas, Callie and I made some bird feeders to attract more birds to our yard. They've been gone for quite a while and have finally returned about a month ago. I love the sounds of singing birds in our yard! So, here's what we did..... First I took a few oranges, cut them in half and squeezed out the juice. (Don't you just love fresh squeezed orange juice!?)



Then, I took our hole punch and punched two holes across from each other.



Then, I begged Beth for some of her embroidery floss and threaded it through the holes. I made it pretty long so the bird feeders would hang pretty low on the tree. (High enough for Silas and Callie not to grab them, but low enough for them to see them)


Then, came the fun part! We went outside and S & C filled the oranges with birdseed using spoons. (Callie tried to eat most of her birdseed, silly girl!)



Brenna helped us hang our oranges from our trees. I picked places where the kiddos could see the feeders when they glance out the window.



After that it was time to wait. We called for birds and asked them where they were. We told them all about the great snack they had waiting for them in the oranges!


Fearing the birds wouldn't come....I started to pray! Lord, please bring the birds! Sure enough, within 3 minutes we had some birds come to enjoy their snack! yay!



It was a great way to welcome the birds back to the Gimenez yard!

1 comment:

  1. Love this craft. I want to make this too.
    Callie's hair is getting sooo long. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete