Monday, January 23, 2012

Look what I found at the store!

For the most part we have acclimated pretty well to the food here. We like it! I've learned some new ways to cook things (like making my own cream of chicken soup, and baking lots of bread for PBJ's) and have added some West Indies flare to my cooking, too. But, it's still easy to miss some of the things I don't always get here. So, I was very, very excited and thrilled when I saw these two in the store!!!




I've been looking for Hamburger Dill Chips for about 3 months. (I saw a recipe of Paula Deen's for Fried Pickles that I was dying to try!) When I saw these I grabbed them! Then, I found my absolute, all-time, most favorite chips in all the world...Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream!!! Oh la la! I went home with these two wonders and we had some good subs for lunch (on french bread, mmmmm) with real pickles on top and the perfect chip on the side. It was fabulous!



5 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when we find things like that. One day I had made some guacamole but they rarely have tortilla chips here, but on that very same day a shipment of Bandito's tortilla chips had come in so I was able to have the right chips for the dip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!!! That is the MAIN thing I crave from the States. Hamburger Dill Chips!!! LOL I've really enjoyed salivating over your photo :-) Don't you just love it when you find the unexpected in the grocery store?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway. I appreciate it. It's nice to "meet" other Christians through the blog world and I LOVE reading missionary blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete