Friday, June 22, 2012

Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

When I met Patrick I soon learned that he is an Ice Cream Guy!  He Loves it!  (and so do I)  When we were first married we would sometimes eat a box in one night! Yowzers that's a lot of ice cream!  We've passed on our love for the yummy stuff to our children.  In the past we've made homemade ice cream with a machine (you know, the kind that plugs in and is super noisy for about an hour)  but, we don't have one here.  When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew we had to try it.  It was alright, but the sweetened condensed milk flavor was a little over powering for us. So, I decided to tweak it a bit and try and turn it into one of our favorites: Mint Chocolate Chip.  And VOILA!  We found an amazing ice cream recipe that's super easy!

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 teaspoon Mint Extract
3/4 bag of 12 oz. Mini Chocolate Chips (You might want to use less)
Green Food Coloring

Beat Cream until stiff, then gently fold in milk, extract, food coloring, and chips. Leave in freezer for at least 6 hours.  (No need to stir)
There are endless possibilities!  We are already talking about Strawberry Cheesecake, Brownie Batter, Cinnamon Roll.....I'm in love with this stuff!

1 comment: