Thursday, November 8, 2018

My Pap-paw's Bible

 I've heard the saying before that if you see a Bible that is falling apart, it is the sign of one who isn't.

While I was in Fort Myers a couple weeks ago I saw on my mom's bookshelf an old, tattered Bible. I picked it up and leafed through it and noticed it was my Pap-paw's Bible. It was a gift to him from my precious Mam-maw.
 Inside the Bible there was no markings or underlined verses.  The only writing was that of my Mam-maw when she gave it to him in 1961. My Pap-paw was not someone who took notes in his Bible, but you could tell this Bible was loved and read often. I can still see him sitting in church, following along with the Preacher and turning the pages of his Bible.

 My Pap-paw was a very loved man. He was definitely a manly- man that liked to take care of his farm and his family. But he was not one that was afraid to shed a tear over someone hurting. I used to love to go to church with my Mam-maw and Pap-paw and watch him go to the altar and pray. Then he would shake everyone's hand and hug them.  You could just see the love beaming from his face for his family and his church family.

My Pap-paw passed away a little over 16 years ago. He is truly missed. One day my three little ones that have never met him will meet him in heaven, all because they know the same Savior that my Pap-paw had. So thankful for goodly heritage.

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like a wonderful man and I love that his Bible was so well worn.♥

    ReplyDelete