July...So glad you're here!
- I was reading a blog the other day, and the blogger talked about how she couldn't wait for July 1st. Let's admit it. It's been a tough year. We've had Covid and quarantine and many things in our country are in a turmoil. With having to close church for a time, and then facing the unknowns of reopening....staying stocked up during quarantine, keeping everyone from church visited and contacted....I really could go on and on. It's been tough. But July 1st is the halfway mark of 2020! We are halfway through!
- The blogger talked about how she feels like this is the day for a fresh start. Almost like New Year. It's time to set goals and priorities and get things back in order. I like that idea!
- So, when I began thinking about which hymn to pick for the month, I thought about "The Solid Rock." If we want the rest of this year, and the rest of our lives for that matter, to be productive, purposeful, and on track for the Lord, then we need our foundation to be right. We need to be standing on The Solid Rock, Jesus Christ. He is my hope! When things around me are difficult and unknown, Jesus is the one that never changes, and never gives up on me. He is the one constant that we have in our lives! This month I want to trust Him more. I want to serve Him more. I want to love Him more. He is definitely worthy of all our praise!
My hope is built on nothing less
- Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
- When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
- His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
- When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
I will also be memorizing Luke 6:48 "He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock."
It really is going to be a great month. I'm looking forward to singing this hymn and remembering that Christ is my Solid Rock!