Friday, October 23, 2020

To Celebrate 50 Years!

My wonderful parents are about to celebrate 50 years of wedded bliss.  If you know them, you know they are still just as much, and even more in love than they were 50 years ago.  Their love just grows sweeter and it's an example to my sisters and me.  So, we decided we wanted to through them a 50th Wedding Anniversary Party.  How fun!  It wasn't a surprise, since there were so many calendars involved.  It dawned on a super busy time for us and I wish we had much more time to be able to spend extra time with them, but it just didn't work out that way. I cherished every moment of having ALL of my family together!

We left early Friday morning for the 5 hour trip south to Fort Myers.  We visited with my parents for a bit then went off to decorate the fellowship hall for the party the next day.  How fun!

I was so excited that Josh, Tabitha and the girls could come down, too.  They made it in later that night and Liberty was so excited to go to Grandpa and Grandma's house! They were pretty happy, too!

It was fun to do a tiny bit of catching up while we had the time, but, of course, the night went way too fast!


The next morning, my sisters and I and all of our families and my Mom and Dad met at a local park.  Mom had hired a photographer and we had a huge family photo shoot.  I just know this made Mom's and Dad's day to have us all together!  And the photos turned out great, but that's for another post!

Then, it was time for the party.  We decorated with lots of photos of them through the years.  We also put out memorabilia from their honeymoon. 


     My parents really are the best and I am so thankful for the                                  heritage that God has given to me!


Because of Covid concerns, we had to keep the guest list to a minimum.  That was a bummer.  But, it was so nice of the many family and friends that came out to celebrate with us.  



We served hot dogs that were reminiscent of the hot dogs my parents served in their restaurant, Dog N' Suds.  It's the place my Dad owned and hired my Mom.  It's a sweet love story.


It was such a wonderful party, and I am so thankful we could be there.  I love you Mom and Dad!





 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, such a fun and pretty party. Happiest of anniversaries to your lovely parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such blessings and memories for all of you! Happy 50th Anniversary to your parents. By the way, you are the spitting image of your mom in her younger days.

    ReplyDelete