Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Ladies Pancake Fellowship

I've said it many times before.  One of my favorite parts of being a Pastor's wife is planning ladies activities.  We really do have a great time at VSIBC!  And our ladies are so wonderful, we have such a great time together!


For the past few years we've done a pancake fellowship.  It's so fun!  I have ladies sign up to bring pancake toppings and mix-ins.  I also have a lady that will bring tons of pancake batter.  Then, they grab a cup, fill it with batter and all the mix-ins that they want.  Then, they go over to the griddle station, and make their pancake.  I love all of the creations!

This year we decided to rent the Civic Center since our ladies group has really grown.  I was glad we had all the extra room!


This year we also had a simmer pot station.  There were bowls of oranges, dried apples, cinnamon sticks, cloves, ginger, and pumpkin pie spice.  The ladies then filled a bag with all the scents that they like.  They could then take home their bag of goodies, put in a pot with water, and let it simmer on the stove.  It makes your home smell so festive and homey.  



This activity actually took place 2 days after my gallbladder attack.  I wanted to be there so badly, but knew I couldn't do much.  Tabitha was out with sick kiddos.  I was so thankful Beth and Brenna were able to lead everything.  Beth did the game.  We found out who is Mrs. Fall and who needs help with a little more autumn cheer.  It was fun!




We always have such a good time together.  These are precious, godly ladies that brighten my life.  So thankful for all of them!







I also wasn't able to give the devotion that I had planned.  So I asked Brenna if she could give a devotion of whatever the Lord laid on her heart.  She did amazing!  She spoke on Cherishing the Moment.  With having baby Asa, and then having a health difficulty, she really spoke from the heart and was able to capture our attention with wise counsel.  It was so challenging and helpful.



 So thankful for a great group of ladies and the fun times that we have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment