Monday, July 19, 2010

My Farmer at heart

Just about every place we've lived, Patrick has tried his hand at gardening. Sorry to say, it hasn't always worked...I guess I should be honest...It's never worked! So this year when he said he wants to have a garden. I wasn't all that supportive...I guess I should be honest again :o) I wasn't supportive at all! But, Patrick and the kids worked hard tilling the ground, and planting and watering, and now we have a real, productive, growing garden!! yay!! Doesn't it look fabulous?!
Strange looking tomato! But wow! They taste sooo good! We even had some garden grown tomatos and green onion in our taco salad tonight!!




Patrick planted green onions, regular onions (not sure exactly what kind) tomatoes, green beans, yellow beans, green peppers, yellow peppers, red peppers, purple peppers (he doesn't like peppers, but he knows they're my favorite, what a sweetie!), eggplant (eggplant parmesan is one of my favorites!) and cucumber. And some wild mint growing too! Fabulous garden!! Thanks, sweetie, for planting for us!







1 comment:

  1. Daddy would be so proud. It's a nice looking garden. No weeds!!!
    Wish I was there to enjoy the harvest. Enjoy.
    Fresh veggies taste sooo good.
    MMMMM

    ReplyDelete