Wednesday, October 26, 2011

There's really some milk in the store??

It's not very often we have real milk in the store here during the summer and early fall. By real milk, I mean the kind I grew up with....you buy it in the refrigerator section of the store! I never have gotten used to the boxed or bottled stuff, although I now can have cereal with just a tad of milk and not think it's horrible.
So, when Patrick came home with a half gallon of McArthur's Dairy Milk....the real stuff....I was quite excited! Oh the possibilities!!! So, what would you do if you finally could have a nice cold glass of milk?
Make homemade chocolate chip cookies of course!
And they were wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Sure am glad that I can get cold milk here. I grew up on powdered milk, and we made that cold too after we mixed it up. I was used to it so no problem for me. But the box kind tastes terrible! And all but one brand of refrigerator milk here tastes bad too. I love my one brand though!

    Hope your visas go through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have struggled with the milk here in Africa. There is plenty of it in the stores here in Polokwane but it just doesn't taste the same as the states. My husband doesn't like the box kind either though I don't think it's so bad. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete