Monday, July 19, 2021

She Builds ~ Every Wise Woman

"Every wise woman buildeth her house:  but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1


5 more minutes and we need to head to bed.

Dinner is ready, everyone come to the table!

Pick up this mess, please.  You've got to be more conscious of how much you leave out.

Let's Go, we're going to be late!

I really need to handle this, I'm worried something is wrong.

Do we have everybody?

This has been such a good day, and the Lord really knew what we needed.

Strange to put all these phrases here, but as I sat down to write this post it caused me to think about words that I said yesterday.  These were just a few, because, of course, I don't remember everything I said. But, I think you get the idea.  We say a lot of things througout the day, don't we?  

This year for my Bible reading plan I decided I would read a chapter in Proverbs each day.  As I read, I'm more and more reminded of how many times the word wisdom (or wise) appears in Proverbs.  120 times, to be exact.  It really is a book that teaches how to have wisdom!  We know that it is a wise woman that chooses to build her house.  I'm also more and more reminded that wisdom and our mouth are so closely related.  Our words always give us away.  As I read, I'm amazed to see how the wise woman uses her words.  It's also interesting how the foolish woman uses hers.  

He that refraineth his lips is wise (10:19)

She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. (31:26)

The foolish woman's tongue pours out foolishness (15:2)

If we truly want to be a wise woman that builds, we need to remember how important our words are, and the tone in which we use them.  Our words really can help build our home or tear it down!  As you go about your day, use the acronym of the word "THINK" to help guard your words. 

Ask yourself:

T- Is it TRUE? (Or am I just worrying and assuming?)

H- Will it Help? (Or am I only looking out for me, my schedule, and my desires.)

I- Is it Inspiring? (Will this encourage the one I'm speaking to to draw closer to the Lord?)

N- Is it necessary? (Or am I just complaining and being nit picky?)

K- Is it kind? (Tone is so important here.  Because words that seem "nice" but are said in a harsh way will never be helpful, but hurtful)

The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips. Proverbs 16:23

We really do have to teach our mouths to say the right things in the right manner.  And to do that we must think before we speak.  My words are powerful in my home and have the ability to build up or tear down. Today I choose to use them right!  And for the Lord Jesus!

1 comment: