Friday, July 30, 2021

Wedding Dress Shopping


 Well....we did something crazy!  Brenna has been looking and looking at wedding dress options.  We went into David's Bridal not too long ago for her to be fitted for a dress she will be wearing as a bridesmaid in a wedding in October.  As we were there we glanced at the wedding dresses and didn't see ANY that were modest.  Not a one.  We realized they would all have to be altered and added on.  Plus, the price tag was way too steep.  Brenna has a budget we've given her.  It's not much, but it is what we can do and her and I are determined to make it work.  It's been so much fun watching the Lord provide in soooo many different ways.  The costs of a dress at a dress shop with its alterations would be more than her entire wedding budget.  

So, she decided to start exploring other options.  She landed on Amazon and found a dress that looked beautiful.  So she decided to order it.  When the dress came (from China) we laughed very nervously (and a little uncontrollably) that this is one of the craziest things we've ever done!  Then, we realized how little the package was.  Seriously!! A Wedding dress in there!!!

It has been quite an experience and we've had fun!  I'll eventually share the rest on that story, but some of it has to be a surpise for the wedding! ;o)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found an alternative to buying a wedding dress in the western shops. The prices are very high and it's hard to find something appropriately modest. I ordered a beautiful robe from China and sadly I didn't fit it because I didn't order quite large enough but my nephew's girlfriend enjoyed it. I can't wait to see the beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! You left us hanging! I cannot wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete