Thursday, July 15, 2021

She builds


My husband has been preaching through an interesting hot topic in our world right now, "The Gender Identity Crisis"  As a side note, our church now streams through Youtube, if you would like to watch you can find the VSIBC services here.

He made a statement the other day that has really saddened me.  He said "The world has convinced woman that they are not worth anything if they are not a man."  If you look through our culture today, the gender identity lines are being blurred.  The idea of being distincly woman is looked down upon.  The world, and ultimately satan, wants me to be unsatisfied with how God made me.  The truth is that Biblical Femininity is a direct testimony of a living God!  It says I belong to God!  Satan wants the world to be confused and wants distinction of gender to be blurred.  He knows that embracing your gender and how God made you leads to a satisfying, fulfilling, blessed life.  He knows that is causes me to reflect the image of Christ!

Proverbs 14:1 has stood out to me more this year than any other time in the past.  "Every wise woman buildeth her house:  but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." I've been really pondering this verse in my head and want this to be at the forefront of what I do.  As I've talked with friends and have seen what is going on around me, I've seen that ladies are becoming confused and uncertain to what this really means.  Our eyes are on so many other places than our homes.  The place that should be a haven from the world for our families, has become a place where there is tension and chaos. That's not how God meant for it to be.

I'm wanting to begin a new series on the practicality of this verse. What does it mean to build your house?  How does that look for the average lady in 2021.  I certainly don't have all the answers, so some of the things I will be giving will be things I'm learning and trying to do.  I'll be calling these posts, "She Builds" Some are things I've learned as I've practiced and made mistakes and tried to learn from them. I'm looking forward to being a better "Woman that Builds" and hope you will join me along the way!

2 comments:

  1. There is definitely a lot of gender identity confusion out there. I look forward to reading what you have to say about building one's house. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I just taught this to our teen girls during our youth seminar a few weeks ago. Starting way back in the early 1900's, and maybe even before that, Satan began trying to blur the differences between men and women. Today is proof to the fact that he has been very successful because people believed his lies one at a time. I am looking forward to your lessons very much.

    ReplyDelete