Thursday, February 28, 2013

Italian Style Pork Chops

I have a very yummy (and super easy) recipe to share with you today!  And if you make it with gluten-free noodles, it's naturally gluten free! A sweet friend of mine gave me this recipe for my wedding shower. (18 years ago!)  We've adapted to fit our tastes.  It's a keeper!  And perfect for weeknight busyness!


So here you go!  Italian Style Pork Chops

















I always double this recipe for my hungry family.  So it works that way, too! 
Lightly sear about 4-6 Pork Chops (Bone-in or Boneless will be fine) in about 1 teaspoon of oil in a very hot skillet.  They don't need to cook all the way.

Then, put the Pork Chops in a casserole dish.


  Finely chop 1 onion (I like red, but you could use any kind)  I have found that by peeling and quartering my onions, then putting them in the food processor for a whirl saves a lot of time and tears.  It's so much easier!  Plus, it gets the onions really tiny like my sweet hubby likes them.

Using the same skillet that you seared the Pork Chops in, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the onions.  Cook for about 5 minutes being sure to scrape the bottom to get all the Pork Chop tidbit goodness! 
Then, add 2 cloves of garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
Then, add 2 cans of 8 oz. tomato sauce,  2 Tablespoons of Apple-Cider vinegar and 4 teaspoons of sugar.

In a mug, microwave 1/2 cup of water and 1 Chicken Boullion cube for about one minute.  Mix well, then add to the simmering tomato mixture.
Add 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes.
After the 10 minutes are up, pour the sauce over the Pork Chops and put in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes.

Serve over some fun noodles and Voila!  A quick, yummy meal all ready to go for your family!



Today I'm linking up with The Modest Mom blog!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This recipe looks like a perfect crockpot recipe. Looks good, think I'll try it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kami! Just printed it out and am going to try it. :-)

    ReplyDelete