Sunday, December 20, 2020

A Dream Come True

Just like a dream come true.....that's what I find myself telling my kiddos lately and more and more often.
Having a beautiful home, and serving in the ministry with my family is an amazing blessing. Having preachers and missionaries in my home is also such a wonderful blessing.  But, having a "Hero Of  The Faith" sit around my dinner table, eating food my girls and I prepared, while encouraging and laughing with my husband and sons is an absolute dream come true!  We've had a few of those heroes of the faith come in and I always look around the table in aww at the blessings God has bestowed upon me.
 
This is the 4th year we have had Bro. Dave McCoy come in for our Christmas Revival.  It is always such a wonderful time and we all love it!  It's a time of encouragement, spiritual strengthening,a nd great fellowship.  This year was no different and needed more than ever!  
 
When I was a senior in High School my youth group went to a camp where I first heard Bro. McCoy preach.  He preached a message called "Are your fightin' britches on?"  I still have the outline that I copied down the night he preached.  He was one of my heroes.  
 
Then, while we were on deputation, we went to Peoples Baptist Church where Bro McCoy is the pastor.  He loved on my kiddos and soon became their hero as well.  So, to have him in for a couple of days is a real treat for our family.  It pays to serve God!
 
(And no, this is not a picture of my table. ;o)  Bro. McCoy always takes our family out to lunch while he is here.  So nice!)

1 comment:

  1. It's great to have a wonderful pastor who preaches the word and rightly divides it. It is also wonderful to have a visiting pastor. So glad you were able to enjoy fellowship with Bro. McCoy again this year.

    ReplyDelete