Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Tree Time!!

Thanksgiving is honestly one of my favorite days of the year!  I love all the family time and traiditons that we share together.  After we stuff ourselves full of turkey and take our walk, we head to the tree lot to pick out our tree
 
.
This is usually our first candy canes of the season so we all act like it's the best thing we've ever put in our  mouths...even though we just feasted on all that turkey dinner! Then, we pick out our tree.  Sometimes this takes quite a while.  My family can be quite opinionated!  But, this year, we all found that perfect tree pretty quickly.  
Then, it was time to drag it in the house leaving all those pretty Christmas tree flakes along the way!
 
This year we decided to do some fun buffalo ribbon on our tree.  We always do something a little different every year without buying everything new.  I love how this turned out! And ribbon at Hobby Lobby was 50% off!  Yay!
Then, it was time to decorate.  We had fun with a little extra help this year.  I love putting on the Christmas music, (and the football game in the background) and get out all the boxes.  The mess seems enormous at first!  But gradually our house smells, sounds and looks like Christmas!
 Even Micah decorated himself!  Crazy kid!

 
A pretty new ornament made it's way to the tree this year.  My Brenna is pretty happy.  I'll post on that sometime soon. :o)
Ever since I was a little girl it was my job to put on the star.  And I take that job pretty seriously! :o)
 
Wow!  Doesn't it look pretty!  Now, it's time for some presents under that tree!!

2 comments:

  1. Your tree is so pretty. We laughed about Micah decorating himself! So happy for Brenna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty tree! As for the post about Brenna, I have been expecting it for awhile now and can't wait to read about it!

    Enjoy your tree!

    ReplyDelete